The one-day event is dedicated to the Spanish crowdfunding ecosystem. We will discuss the transversality of crowdfunding as an alternative finance tool; the combination of different financing tools with crowdfunding; the current state of the industry after ten years of development, and the implications of the regulatory harmonisation of crowdfunding across Europe.
Together with EUIPO, the European Union Intellectual Property Office, we are looking forward to a full day of knowledge exchange, networking and discussions. We seek to strengthen the positioning of crowdfunding as access to funding for small and medium enterprises, social enterprises, and other relevant initiatives.
EUROCROWD has been present in the Spanish market since 2020, where, together with its members, it has been promoting the crowdfunding industry to public and private institutions.
We have built local expertise through events such as CrowdCamp, held in Bilbao last June; a multitude of webinars and training courses given to many different organisations on the ground. Mixed with our expertise in public policy priorities of the European Union, we are happy to formally launch the Spanish Strategic Group on May 18 in Alicante.
Please note that the event will be held in Spanish.
AGENDA - 18 May 2023
10.00 – 10.30 Registrations
10.30 – 10.35 Opening. Francesca Passeri, Deputy Director, EUROCROWD
10.35 – 10.45 Welcome. Andrea Di Carlo, Deputy Executive Director, European Union Office of Intelectual Property, EUIPO
10.45 – 11.00 Keynote Speaker. The relevance of crowdfunding in Europe and the Spanish context. Javier Ramos, Senior Lecturer, Universidad Camilo José Cela
11.00 – 11.45 Panel Crowdfunding: a flexible tool used in key areas for the implementation of the Agenda 2030
- María Pilar López, Gerente, Smart Ibérica
- Irene Martín García, ODS y Agenda 2030, Red Española de Desarrollo Rural, REDR
- Maria del Coro Gutiérrez Pla, Expert on IP – SNE, EUIPO
- Carmen Marcos Méndez, Institut Valenciá de Competitivitat Empresarial, IVACE
11.45 – 12.15 Coffee break
12.15 – 12.30 Keynote Speaker. SMEs access to finance. Mar Cervera, Gerente Fundraising, Alicante Science Park
12.30 -13.15 Panel The role of crowdfunding in financing SMEs: Future scenarios.
- Cristian Medina, Senior Marketing Manager Europe, Crowdcube
- Óscar Ugarte, Director, Bizkaia Crowdfunding
- Eva Frade, Management and Administration Office Coordinator, Goteo.org
13.15 – 13.30 Keynote Public and private partnerships:
Scaling up partnerships through match funding. Francesca Passeri, Deputy Director, EUROCROWD
13.30 – 13.45 Panel How to foster entrepreneurship programs through the development of innovative financing tools
- Paula Álvarez, Federación de Asociaciones de Mujeres Rurales FADEMUR
- Cristina Fanjul, Director, Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Asturias, CEEI
- Víctor Meseguer Sánchez, Special Commissioner for Social Economy, Government of Spain
14.15 – 15.45 Lunch
15.45 – 16.00 Keynote
The benefits of patent registration for SMEs. Pablo López de Unceta, Head of Administrative Coordination Area, OEPM.
16.00 – 16.45 Panel Implications of the ECSP regulation for the Spanish market
- Marta Lozano Pleguezuelos, Managing Director Europe, Crowdcube
- Nacho Bautista, CEO Fundeen
- Andrea Negro, Head of Development Spain, Walliance
16.45 – 17.00 Closing. Following the steps of the Spanish Strategic Group (SSG). Mauricio O’Brien, Head of Regional Development, EUROCROWD