ECN offers technical assistance to administrations and development agencies. We especially work with those that aim at a closer relationship with their citizens, and wish to ensure greater transparency in their decision-making process by engaging citizens through a bottom up approach, so as to allocate resources more efficiently. Crowdfunding can also help leverage and possibly multiply existing resources.
Indeed, you may consider incorporating crowdfunding tools within your own funding methodologies and within the decision-making process of your organization.
- By engaging the crowd in the design process of your development strategies you can support projects which your crowd actually wants.
- By allowing the crowd to become part of the action you can leverage private funding for public benefit.
- By involving the crowd your administration will be more transparent in its decision-making process
- By aggregating the crowd around ideas and around their selection your administration will be in more direct contact with the citizens
ECN works with a clear a methodology that will put your organization in the conditions to actually exploit the benefits of crowdfunding methodologies within the decision-making process of your administration. It will allow you to engage your crowd of citizens which will be asked to submit specific projects, and will allow you to gather funding. To implement our approach you will initially need the competencies of ECN, which will:
- Analysis: we will execute, in collaboration with you, bespoke fact-finding to identify the specifications present in your region so that your administration will make the right decision from the regulatory, sectoral and technical point of views.
- Training: Your staff members will acquire know-how and competencies in managing the strategic and technical issues of opening your administration to the crowd.
- Strategy: We will provide assistance to your administration to ensure that the proper technicalities are dealt with up to the elaboration of the tender notice
Please feel to contact our Director of Public Affairs, Francesca Passeri, for any additional questions.
Examples of our work include
- Market and regulatory obstacles to cross-border development of crowdfunding in the EU
- Triggering Participation: A Collection of Civic Crowdfunding and Match-funding Experiences in the EU
- Review of Crowdfunding Regulation 2017 (as well as 2014 and 2013)
Some of our previous customers include: