Access to finance is a major hurdle for youth-led social enterprises. Incumbent financial services are often not available for young entrepreneurs.
This conference will match project owners, youth-led organisations, crowdfunding platforms, impact investors and relevant institutions working on youth-led social entrepreneurship to discuss and exchange knowledge.
Crowdfunding can bridge the funding gap and, at the same time, is much more than only a fundraising tool. Crowdfunding requires and builds strong marketing, communication, entrepreneurial and digital skills, while validating a project or business idea. It increases a project’s visibility, helps create a community of supporters. But is this enough to support youth-led social enterprises? The conference will showcase ideas and best practices from across Europe to answer :
- How can formal and informal training itineraries best support young people developing their social business ideas?
- Which financial tools exist to support youth-led social enterprises, and should new ones be designed?
- What is the role of crowdfunding platforms in supporting youth-led enterprises?
- How can European institutions incentivise the creation and support of youth-led enterprises?
AGENDA - 26 April 2023
9.30 – 10.00 Registrations. Welcome coffee
10.00 – 10.15 Welcome. Francesca Passeri, Deputy Director, EUROCROWD.
10.15 – 10.30 Keynote Speaker. Ms Brigitte Fellahi-Brognaux, Head of Unit of Social and entrepreneurship economy, European Commission DG EMPL.
10.30 – 11.15 Panel 1: Initiatives supporting young social entrepreneurs in Europe
Daniel Grandis, INCrowd Coordinator, Fondazione Fenice
- Laura Lecci, CEO, EBN European Business and Innovation Centre Network
- Elin McCallum, CEO, Bantani Education
- Mao, Founder, Unknown World Expo
- Lucas Guicheteau, Founder, Échos
11.15 – 11.45 Coffee break –Project showcase: Catwalk by XXYZ VIBE – Rachad Zangaba
11.45 – 12.00 Keynote Speaker. Ms Antonella Noya, Head of the Unit on Social Economy and Innovation, OECD Center for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities.
12.00 -12.45 Panel 2: Fostering youth-led social enterprises through alternative finance and impact investments
Luigi della Sala, CEO, Tree Agency
- Nils Wilgos, Á Fonds Coordinator, Flemish Community Commission (VGC)
- Arnau Picón, Knowledge and Learning Associate, EVPA
- Olivia Lopez Calderón, Founder, Skin Mutts
12.45 – 14.00 Lunch – Project showcase: concert by Francesca Fulmini AKA Kika
14.00 – 14.15 Keynote Speaker. Daniel Grandis, INCrowd Coordinator, Fondazione Fenice
14.15 – 15.00 Panel 3: European year of skills and young adults’ employability: lessons learned from INCrowd and other relevant stakeholders
Matthew Caruana, CEO, JA Malta Foundation
- Diana Filip, Deputy CEO & Chief Development Officer, JA Europe
- Karolina Rostkowska, Founder & Manager, il-lokal
- Margarita Marín , Project Coach, Growfunding
15.00 – 15.45 INCrowd social impact projects’ presentations
15.45 – 16.00 Closing. Mauricio O’Brien, Head of Regional Development, EUROCROWD
INCrowd is an Erasmus+ project that support young people to use crowdfunding as an innovative and effective tool to raise funds in order to start a social innovation project for, and with peers, citizens and communities. It offers young people the training and the tools to make their voices heard and participate as engaged and committed citizens in developing more inclusive and active communities and cities. INCrowd has trained and supported young people from Malta, Italy, Belgium and Croatia in applying crowdfunding to develop and boost their social impact business ideas.