Title: PRODESA – Energy Efficiency Project Development for South Attica
Funding Programme: Horizon 2020
Duration: May 2017 – April 2020
Description: PRODESA aims at assisting seven major municipalities in the Athens Metropolitan Area to launch showcase energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, utilizing innovative financial tools and attracting private investments.
To achieve its objectives, the project focuses on optimal bundling of the fragmented municipal projects to achieve considerable size, reasonable payback time and risk diversification. In addition, during the project, the pooling of resources will be used to optimize financial results for all parties and to ensure high participation of ESCOs in the tenders. PRODESA is the first of its kind effort in Greece and among other things, aims at creating a network of at least 30 municipalities that will be supported in order to replicate the results.
ECN’s role: Work on developing innovative crowdfunding schemes for energy efficiency in the municipalities by coaching crowdfunding piloting activities (i.e. how to select the appropriate platform vs. setting up an own community, creation, duration, marketing, etc. of the campaign.) Further, ECN is supporting the project in its dissemination activities, by presenting the project to its events where innovative (financial) services and business models can be actively co-created, promoted and disseminated. Finally, ECN is actively contributing to policy making with regards to crowdfunding and alternative financing to unleash the potential of innovative energy efficiency services.
- Prepare and launch showcase energy efficiency and renewable projects for public buildings and street lighting in five municipalities in the Athens Metropolitan area
- Sign energy performance contracts with ESCOs
- Demonstrate financing and organisational innovation for the municipalities in Greece and produce “Data Evidence” on the performance of EPCs and investments
- Adopt smart bundling of projects and new financing schemes with better distributed and balanced risks that are suitable to all parties involved. Innovative financing mechanisms, such as crowdfunding, are foreseen as a supplementary financing source
- Develop a network of at least 30 municipalities willing to replicate PRODESA’s solutions and provide coaching for the development of energy efficiency project pipeline
- Alimos Municipality (Project Coordinator)
- Agios Dimitrios Municipality
- Glyfada Municipality
- Vari Voula Vouliagmeni Municipality
- Agii Anargiri Kamatero Municipality
- Palaio Faliro Municipality
- Amaroussion Municipality
- Central Union of Municipalities in Greece
- EUDITI Energy and Environmental Design LTD
- Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES)
- ENFINITY NV
- European Crowdfunding Network
- Kelemenis & Co