Title: ePlus Ecosystem – Fostering Web Entrepreneurship in Europe: e-talent, e-mentoring, e-services and e-capital for entrepreneurs
Duration: February 2015 – June 2017
Description: ePlus Ecosystem aimed at promoting web-entrepreneurship across Europe with emphasis on ecosystems in Lisbon (Portugal), Nice/Côte d’Azur (France) and Baden-Württemberg (Germany), as being among those having the highest potential in Europe.
The ePlus ecosystem project developed and deployed an online and onsite environment, building on and interconnecting existing ecosystems, hubs and initiatives, in order to set up a runway for web entrepreneurs to start and scale up their business in Europe and grow internationally. This European ecosystem helped web-entrepreneurs to develop their ideas and businesses, from a business international validation phase to internationalisation, access to finance and to business growth, thus complementing the service offer currently made available at local ecosystems level.
ECN’s role: The project provided support to a new range of European web-entrepreneurs, ensuring that at least 100 web companies were funded by public or private venture capital or crowdfunding, in order to reach global scale. ECN has coached web-entrepreneurs to successfully conduct crowdfunding campaigns, by attracting talented entrepreneurs and matching them with European crowdfunding platforms.
- Contribution to the creation of a pan-European web-entrepreneurship ecosystem by setting up the initial backbone made of the interconnection between the regional ecosystems of Lisbon, Nice and Baden-Württemberg
- Reinforcement of the web-entrepreneurs teams’ skills and technology grasp by using Europe’s unique mass of + 50,000 skilled, mobile and global-oriented researchers generated by the Marie Curie Actions
- A European mentoring scheme, building on the best regional and national mentoring programmes to guide web-entrepreneurs. It includes a crowdfunding dimension
- Access provided to web-entrepreneurs to some of the best services in Europe
- Access to capital to web entrepreneurs either via early-stage venture capital or crowdfunding