Save the date for the 7th ECN Crowdfunding Convention!
18 October 2018
Crowdfunding is an established form of alternative finance for start-ups, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), real estate and renewable energy. It represents intermediation through a digital platform matching fundraisers with prospective investors, irrespective of whether that funding leads to a loan agreement, equity stake or to another transferable security-based stake. However, absence of a unified European-wide regulatory framework for Crowdfunding Services Providers for business complicates the further development of crowdfunding as one of the most innovative alternative financing schemes.
After five years since the launch of ECN, the European Commission has now proposed regulation "European Crowdfunding Service Providers (ECSP) for business" covering both, lending-based crowdfunding and investment-based crowdfunding. The proposal is designed to ensure transparency, customer protection and platform operations and if successful, will boost capital formation and investment opportunity across Europe.
The 7th ECN Crowdfunding Convention will take an honest view at the proposal, framed by the realities of the political discourse and options in the EU policy process. We will seek open discourse on the proposal and its possible adaption. The Convention will be organized as an adjoint event to FECIF's Conference taking place on the 17 October 2018.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
1. Join the discussion on how to shape the European Crowdfunding Service Provider Regulation online investments in Europe
2. Get to grip of how crowdfunding and online lending will change online access to finance under new rules
3. Take advantage of 3+ networking hours across the two days and make your mark on 100 attendees
4. Meet pan-European industry peers, policymakers and stakeholders and contribute shaping the future of alternative finance
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
1. Why crowdfunding will enable investing in securities, debt and loans as well as real estate and renewable energy beyond 2020
2. How the regulatory framework for crowdfunding and crowdlending is moving forward in Europe
3. The latest opinions and activities of EU policymakers on online access to finance under the Capital Market Union and the Fintech Action Plan
4. Insights and opportunities for future investing in crowdfunding, alternative finance and digital assets
The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN), founded in 2011 as an interest group and formally established in 2013, is a professional network promoting adequate transparency, (self) regulation and governance while offering a combined voice in policy discussion and public opinion building.
ECN executes initiatives aimed at innovating, representing, promoting and protecting the European crowdfunding industry as a key aspect of innovation within alternative finance and financial technology.