Spanish Strategic Group
The EUROCROWD Spanish Strategic Group (SSG) was officially established within the European European Crowdfunding Network in June 2020. It is organized as a multi-stakeholder working group which integrates various entities, with the aim of creating innovative scenarios and spreading the Crowdfunding culture in Spain.
The EUROCROWD-SSG is open to participation and brings together public authorities, development agencies, platforms, universities, private foundations and professional associations, whom add knowledge, contacts and skills to strengthen the existing national ecosystem along with the European connection that ECN provides.
The importance of the EUROCROWD-SSG is based on the key-principle of improving understanding and trust in the sector for both investors and entrepreneurs, interconnecting public-private actors in different scenarios, as well as the dissemination and acquisition of a set of skills and competences related to the various aspects of crowdfunding already consolidated at a European level.
What we do
In cooperation with our Partners and Fondazione Fenice (Italy), EUROCROWD has designed and delivers a three-modules training course, aimed at providing a thorough and unbiased understanding of crowdfunding to any individual or organization that has an interest in this specific financing tool.
The training session have been developed with the objective of introducing non-experts to the opportunities and specificities of crowdfunding in general and then guide them through the process of acquiring the needed skills to:
- Launch and manage their crowdfunding campaign while maximizing their chances of success: Basic Crowdfunding Training Course (16h)
- Understand how crowdfunding can be combined with different funding sources and financial instruments: Advanced Crowdfunding Training Course (16h)
- Become Campaign Managers and provide advisory services to businesses, organisations and individuals on how to best structure and roll out their crowdfunding campaign: Professional Crowdfunding Training Course (16h)
- Support the work of an existing crowdfunding platform or create a new one, by becoming Platform Managers: Professional Crowdfunding Training Course (16h)
While working on education and promotion of crowdfunding at the national level, members of the Spanish Strategic Group have also structured their actions into different working groups. The topics explored in each working group has been identified as key elements in shaping a sound and cooperative cultural and professional context, while providing the right forum for crowdfunding players and other stakeholders to develop new actions and share best practices. More specifically, the Italian Strategic Group is composed by the following four sub-working groups:
- Sub-working group 1: ISO/CEN Certification scheme for crowdfunding professionals
- Sub-working group 2: Feasibility study for a guarantee mechanism for crowdfunding platforms
- Sub-working group 3: Synergies between crowdfunding and ESI Funds
- Sub-working group 4: Legal framework in Spain and Europe
The objectives of the Spanish Strategic Group will be gradually achieved through five key reports, to be presented in the first two years of activities. Information will be translated into English and made publicly available on this page, as to bring a relevant added value for both national and European replicators of the Italian Strategic Group experience:-Development of a standardised training scheme for entrepreneurs, investors, NGOs and future crowdfunding professionals-Preparatory study for the implementation of a guarantee fund for crowdfunding platforms-Implementation of the guarantee fund-Identification of potential opportunities for combining crowdfunding with ESI Funds for trainings on crowdfunding and other initiatives- Assessment and monitoring of Italian and European regulatory framework, to continuously provide up-to-date information in training sessions.
The training courses run on average 16 hours and are conducted by industry experts. ECN always oversees the training to ensure relevant information and standards are kept.
Basic Training Course: Open to anyone (Professionals, investors, individuals, entrepreneurs, public officials, associations, etc.). Topics:
- Crowdfunding models and functioning Mechanisms
- National and EU legal framework
- How to approach and develop a successful a crowdfunding campaign
Advanced Training Course: Open to anyone who has successfully passed the Basic Training Module Exam. Topics:
- Crowdfunding models, sub-models and business models in detail
- Crowdfunding as complimentary funding instrument (phases and types)
- Rules for investor protection and requirements for businesses
Professional Training Courses Module 1 “Campaign”: Open to anyone who has successfully passed the Advanced Training Module Exam. Topics:
- Digital skills and tools
- Selection, assessment of projects and potential campaigns
- Identification of critical and success factors
Professional Training Course Module 2 “Platform Manager”: Open to anyone who has successfully passed the Advanced Training Module Exam. Topics:
- National Rules and procedures for platforms
- Identification of suitable partnership models