ONLINE EVENT – the 5th ECN CrowdCamp: Sustainable Finance
10-12 June 2020, each day 13.00 to 16.00
STREAMING: Watch the recordings here:
DISCUSSION: An online discussion forum will allow for interactions between a restricted number of event participants in order to exchange opinions and experience. The discussion forum will be also used to field questions to speakers. Access to the discussion form will be limited and at the discretion of the organisers.
Sustainable Finance differs from traditional finance by taking due account of environmental and social considerations as part of the investment decision. In the EU’s policy context sustainable finance is understood as finance to support economic growth while reducing pressures on the environment and taking into account social and governance aspects. It also encompasses transparency on risks related to factors that may impact the financial system, and the mitigation of such risks through the appropriate governance of financial and corporate actors.
Crowdfunding allows for such considerations in general, but can be used to specifically address particular environmental or social issues while involving relevant communities and citizens. With the European Green Deal sustainable finance is key in developing its seven policy areas, and crowdfunding has already made a footprint in some of them. With a harmonised regulatory framework for crowdfunding about to be implemented, it is time to develop the industries footprint in the European Green Deal and establish crowdfunding as a key tool in the sustainable finance mix.
1. Status, trends and best practices on of sustainable finance crowdfunding
2. Challenges when implementing best practices and voluntary standards
3. Opportunities and challenges of sustainable finance actors in the financial market
4. Success Stories and the path to a sustainable crowdfunding industry
5. How are EU institutions viewing sustainable finance crowdfunding?
1. The sustainable finance and crowdfunding sector
2. Financial market professionals
3. Academics and researchers focusing on sustainable finance
4. Policy makers and EU representatives working on sustainable finance
5. SME and startup entrepreneurs working with or implementing sustainable finance solutions
1. To the creation of a sustainable future for Europe
2. To shaping a sustainable and inclusive finance sector
3. To building the foundation a professional and transparent crowdfunding industry
4. To ensuring relevant knowledge exchange and critical thinking
5. To increase trust and engagement with citizens and stakeholders for crowdfunding
More speakers to be announced in due course
The agenda is subject to change and speaker confirmations.
Wednesday, 10th of June 2020
A European Vision on Sustainable Finance and the European Green Deal
13.00 Welcome: ECN
13.15 Opening: Deloitte Prague
13.30 Keynote: Martin Spolc, DG FISMA, European Commission
14.15 Keynote: Ondřej Kovarik, Member of the European Parliament
15.00 Panel: Why is sustainability important for the alternative finance sector?
– Ron Given, Deloitte Legal Counsel
– Nuno Brito Jorge, GoParity
– Charlotte Brandsma, Growfunding
– Christin Friedrich, Innovestment
– Filipe Portela, COREangels
Thursday, 11th of June 2020
Making Crowdfunding Sustainable
13.00 Welcome: ECN
13.10 Opening: Elly Schlein, Vice-President, Emilia-Romagna Region
13.30 Keynote: Rafał Rudzki, Deloitte
14.15 Keynote: Zsolt Balogh, Solar-Konzept International
15.00 Panel: EIF Funding for sustainable crowdfunding platforms – case studies
– Perrine Pouget, European Investment Fund
– Jan Willem Grandia, OnePlanetCrowd
– Eva Sadoun, Lita.co
Friday, 12th of June 2020
The Investor’s Perspective:
Sustainability, Transparency and Investor Protection
13.00 Welcome: ECN
13.10 Opening: Olivier Schulbaum, Goteo
13.30 Keynote: Daniel Farchy, European Investment Bank
14.15 Keynote: Arnaud Gillin, Innpact
15.00 Panel: Lessons learned from the capital markets
– Ira Saul Rubenstein, Traficon Advisors
– Heather Langsner, Flatworld Partners
– Coenraad de Vries, OnePlanetCrowd
– Pasi Vänttinen, GreenMorrow
– Luís Fonseca, Mustard Seed Maze
The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN), founded in 2011 as an interest group and formally established in 2013, is a professional network promoting adequate transparency, (self) regulation and governance while offering a combined voice in policy discussion and public opinion building.
ECN executes initiatives aimed at innovating, representing, promoting and protecting the European crowdfunding industry as a key aspect of innovation within alternative finance and financial technology.
CrowdCamp is an annual event created by the ECN to promote crowdfunding as an innovative finance source, educate entrepreneurs on how to use it, raise awareness among investors on its potential.
Every year CrowdCamp focuses on a different application of crowdfunding, inviting crowdfunding platforms and relevant stakeholder in the selected field, this year the renewable energy sector.