Join the 4th ECN CrowdCamp: Exploring Blockchain for Alternative Finance
13-14 June 2019
Blockchain promises to offer the potential to achieve considerable cost savings, efficiencies and resilience.
This edition of the ECN CrowdCamp focuses on how to best leverage the potential of blockchain technologies in the alternative finance sector by analysing the state of the art, understanding challenges and opportunities and providing recommendations for enabling and supporting blockchain empowered use cases for different target groups of the sector, namely crowdfunding platforms, investors, start-ups and SMEs and policymakers.
1. Status, trends and best practices on blockchain technologies in the alternative finance sector
2. Challenges when implementing blockchain
3. New opportunities for implementing distributed ledger technologies
4. Examples from successfully implemented solutions
5. How are EU institutions viewing blockchain technologies?
1. The alternative finance and crowdfunding sector
2. Blockchain professionals and developers
3. Academics and researchers focusing on distributed ledger technologies
4. Policy makers and EU representatives working on technology disruption
5. SME and startup entrepreneurs working with or implementing blockchain
1. To the disruption of the financial services sector
2. To improving understanding for drivers and barriers of innovation of alternative finance
3. To building the foundation for the EU being the main blockchain hub in the world
4. To ensuring relevant knowledge exchange and technology education
5. To shaping a sustainable and inclusive finance sector
The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN), founded in 2011 as an interest group and formally established in 2013, is a professional network promoting adequate transparency, (self) regulation and governance while offering a combined voice in policy discussion and public opinion building.
ECN executes initiatives aimed at innovating, representing, promoting and protecting the European crowdfunding industry as a key aspect of innovation within alternative finance and financial technology.
CrowdCamp is an annual event created by the ECN to promote crowdfunding as an innovative finance source, educate entrepreneurs on how to use it, raise awareness among investors on its potential.
Every year CrowdCamp focuses on a different application of crowdfunding, inviting crowdfunding platforms and relevant stakeholder in the selected field, this year the renewable energy sector.