The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN) is an independent, professional network promoting adequate transparency, (self)-regulation and governance of the crowdfunding industry while offering a combined voice in policy discussion and public opinion building.
We aim to increase the understanding of the key roles that crowdfunding can play in supporting entrepreneurship of all types and its role in funding the creation and protection jobs, the enrichment of European society, culture and economy, and the protection of our environment.
ECN is hiring a new Communications Officer on self-employed basis to join our growing team. She/he will be responsible for developing and implementing ECN’s communication strategy, while working closely with staff across the organization to develop and carry out high-quality, effective and timely communications. This position requires strong skills in writing, editing, media relations, content development and social media.
- Lead the design and implementation of ECN communications strategy. This may include but not limited to:
- Develop communication strategies and annual plans, to promote the position of ECN among members and the sector, improving communication both internally and externally.
- Work with ECN team to schedule, develop, write and edit regular content for the different communication and marketing channels (website, newsletters, social networks, etc)
- Support ECN R&D team in the implementation of communication plans of R&D projects, and their integration with ECN’s general communication strategy.
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards
- Contribute, in close collaboration with the Executive Director, to the compilation and editing of material ECN’s annual highlights, and full annual report.
- Increase the visibility of ECN among the European crowdfunding industry. This may include but not limited to:
- Work with ECN team to prepare and support the implementation of online and offline events.
- Develop and implement communication tools targeted at ECN’s members
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels.
- Maintain calendar of key events/conferences/meetings and work with colleagues across the organization to support ECN participation.
- Analyse website and social media engagement to ensure posts reach identified key audiences.
- A degree in a related discipline.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience including development, implementation and analysis of communication strategies and marketing products.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferably and/or members-based organizations.
- Experience in creating high-quality content for different communication channels.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAS
- Relevant understanding of early stage and alternative finance solutions, such as crowdfunding, micro finance, venture capital or relevant entrepreneurial experience in raising funds.
- Strong competencies to plan, prioritize, and execute autonomously with strategic approach.
- Able to work with tight deadlines in an organized manner and to a high standard.
- Graphical design skills or knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator as well as video editing is an asset
- Proficient in content management systems (WordPress), and social media platforms.
- Innovation and creativity in messages and modes of delivery.
- Social media savvy and high comfort level with digital communications.
- Excellent writing, editing and reviewing skills in English language
- Please note this is a self-employed position, based on a Consultancy Agreement and involving an average of 2 working days per week.
- The candidate will preferably be based in Brussels, with the option to work partly from the home office (full home-office until further notice due to COVID-19)
- Remuneration will be negotiated based on your consultant’s rate expectations and ECN’s consultant’s rate scales, according to experience and profile.
All interviews will be conducted online. Please send your application to Cristina Moreno, email@example.com ,inserting [Communications Officer] in the email subject, sending:
- a CV
- a motivation letter, including a description of the background relevant to this post, content samples of previous positions and salary expectations.
Applications will be considered until 10th of February 2021. Interviews will take place end of February. Desired start date is 1st March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
The European Crowdfunding Network fosters inclusiveness and diversity and ensures that equal opportunities are provided without regard to age, race, creed, religion, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.