Brussels, 6 October 2020 – The European Crowdfunding Network is happy to publish the study ANALYSIS OF CURRENT EUROPEAN BLOCKCHAIN REGULATION – An analysis of EU Legal Framework, including standards, policies and directives, specifically governing or related to DLT / blockchain solutions and applications. Within the framework of Blockpool, the European Crowdfunding Network (ECN) engaged Dentons Europe to provide relevant legal insights. We are grateful to all contributors to this study and believe it will help significantly to better understand the current regulatory restrictions and opportunities for a more extensive use of Blockchain, especially also for small- and medium-sized enterprises throughout Europe.
The study provides an overview of the legal framework specifically governing or related to DLT / Blockchain solutions and applications regarding the following areas:
- Intellectual property
- Data protection
- Algorithmic accountability and reliability of DLT / Blockchain systems as moving
towards a European Data Economy
The study contains information about:
- The status quo of the existing Legal Framework specifically governing or related to DLT / Blockchain solutions and applications.
- Information about any planned Legal Framework specifically governing or related to DLT / Blockchain solutions and applications.
- Identification of Legislative Gaps and Regulatory Needs as well as regulatory challenges, which SMEs and DLT / Blockchain adopters are currently facing.
- Identification of national regulatory limitations regarding DLT / Blockchain solutions and applications
This publication has been developed within the framework of the EC funded Blockpool project (www.blockpool.eu) by the European Crowdfunding Network and Dentons.