The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN) is an independent, professional network promoting adequate transparency, (self) regulation and governance while offering a combined voice in policy discussion and public opinion building.
We aim to increase the understanding of the key roles that crowdfunding can play in supporting entrepreneurship of all types and its role in funding the creation and protection jobs, the enrichment of European society, culture and economy, and the protection of our environment.
ECN is hiring a (Senior) Research & Project Manager on self-employed basis for collaborative European Commission (EC) Projects to join the team in Brussels. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the strategic position of the crowdfunding industry in Europe and its potential to leverage access to finance for SMEs and innovation.
He/she will not only manage operative tasks in EC projects, but also support strategic initiatives enabling industry growth and develop future partnerships. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects, identify upcoming project and funding opportunities, implement strategic projects and advocacy actions. This position reports to the Head of Research and Project Management
Proven expertise in EC project management and proposal writing (H2020) is a must to be considered for his position.
- Maintain full responsibility (strategic and financial) for one or more EU-funded collaborative projects;
- Develop and disseminate project and policy content (social media posts, articles, project updates, position papers, press releases…) in line with the respective communication strategies.
- Track project developments/deliverables and ensure effective collaboration with consortium members and the ECN team;
- Organize policy/project meetings, workshops and public seminars in Brussels and across Europe
- Ensure timely production of deliverables as specified within EC Project contracts
- Monitor, identify and lead proposals for funding upcoming opportunities for innovative projects
- Build sustainable relations and communities in the fields of sustainable finance and include stakeholders from public and private organizations
- Will connect high-value public policy topics with ECN members’ business needs;
- Will lead working groups & project consortia to develop ECN positions in critical political issues;
- 5 years’ experience in managing EU-funded projects (Horizon 2020, Erasmus+…) and working with European Institutions;
- Experience of stakeholder management and building and operating new communities and sustainable relations with industry and public organizations;
- University Degree in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of public policy/regulatory positions at the EU on access to finance, sustainable investments and/or other relevant areas such as the European Green Deal, the FinTech action plan, the Capital Market Union, Cohesion Policy, Education etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in at least English, additional languages are a plus, with the ability to explain complex concepts to a diverse audience;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, a strong team player with the proven ability to work independently, manage large-scale projects;
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic, willingness to learn new tasks and a positive, service-oriented attitude.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Must be dedicated to developing a stronger positioning of the crowdfunding industry in Europe
- Must show enthusiasm for crowdfunding and its contribution to the European economy
- Must have a track record in research, writing, and curation of knowledge;
- Must have proven and strong written and verbal communicating skills, including public speaking experience;
- Must have advanced knowledge about EU funding programmes, in particular H2020
- Has a track record of identifying, designing and executing existing/new strategic projects;
- Must be willing to learn and be open to assignments in subject areas that will require additional knowledge;
- Must be self-motivate, entrepreneurial and have a high level of attention to detail;
Due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted online. Please send your CV to Conny Weber, firstname.lastname@example.org, inserting [Senior Research & Project Manager] in the email subject line. Applications will be considered until 19th of July 2020. Interviews will take place end of July. Desired start date is September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
Remuneration on a self-employed basis will be aligned to ECN internal policies and can be negotiated according to experience and profile. We expect the successful applicant to work towards the growth of the organisation and cover some of her/his income from success-based rewards. This position is available only as part-time at our Brussels office with the option to work partly from the home office. We expect the successful candidate to work with us for thee days a week on average.
The European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN) is an independent, professional network, representing the European Crowdfunding Ecosystem.
We execute initiatives aimed at innovating, representing, promoting and protecting the European crowdfunding industry as a key aspect of innovation within alternative finance and financial technology, including crypto assets and distributed ledger technologies.
In that capacity we help developing professional standards, providing industry research, as well as, professional networking opportunities in order to facilitate interaction between our members and key industry participants. ECN maintains a dialogue with public institutions and stakeholders as well as the media at European, international and national levels.