ECN is happy to announce its 5th ECN CrowdCamp, addressing the topic of Sustainable Finance. Sustainable finance differs from traditional finance by taking due account of environmental and social considerations as part of the investment decision. In the EU’s policy context sustainable finance is understood as finance to support economic growth while reducing pressures on the environment and taking into account social and governance aspects. It also encompasses transparency on risks related to factors that may impact the financial system, and the mitigation of such risks through the appropriate governance of financial and corporate actors.
Crowdfunding allows for such considerations in general, but can be used to specifically address particular environmental or social issues while involving relevant communities and citizens. With the European Green Deal sustainable finance is key in developing its seven policy areas, and crowdfunding has already made a footprint in some of them. With a harmonised regulatory framework for crowdfunding about to be implemented, it is time to develop the industries footprint in the European Green Deal and establish crowdfunding as a key tool in the sustainable finance mix.
5th ECN CrowdCamp: Sustainable Finance
WHEN: 11-12 June 2020
LOCATION: Deloitte | Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, 120 00 Prague 2 – Vinohrady, Czech Republic
Registration will open during February 2020
Why should you join?
1. Status, trends and best practices on of sustainable finance crowdfunding
2. Challenges when implementing best practices and voluntary standards
3. Opportunities and challenges of sustainable finance actors in the financial market
4. Success Stories and the path to a sustainable crowdfunding industry
5. How are EU institutions viewing sustainable finance crowdfunding?
1. The sustainable finance and crowdfunding sector
2. Financial market professionals
3. Academics and researchers focusing on sustainable finance
4. Policy makers and EU representatives working on sustainable finance
5. SME and startup entrepreneurs working with or implementing sustainable finance solutions
1. To the creation of a sustainable future for Europe
2. To shaping a sustainable and inclusive finance sector
3. To building the foundation a professional and transparent crowdfunding industry
4. To ensuring relevant knowledge exchange and critical thinking
5. To increase trust and engagement with citizens and stakeholders for crowdfunding
With the kind support of