Is the Blockchain a Missing Link Required for Alternative Finance to Become Mainstream?
We will discuss the opportunities and challenges from different point of views ranging from crowdfunding platforms, investors, startups and SMEs to regulators. We will get a glimpse of where the alternative finance market will head towards and which action steps have to be taken to reach the overall goal of creating a well-functioning funding market throughout Europe to improve access to finance.
Your active participation is more than welcome. We will have an extended open discussion session in which you can not only ask the panellist, but also share your views and experiences. You will meet people from the crowdfunding and blockchain industry as well as the scientific community or political and regulatory environment. We want to go deep into the topic without throwing around unexplained buzzwords. Therefore, this event is for everyone interested in the disruption of the Crowdfunding market through blockchain. We are looking forward to see you!
- Startit Centar, Savska 5, 11000 Belgrade-Savski Venac, Serbia
Please register by sending an email to email@example.com
Agenda – Thursday, 11 April 2019
16.30 Welcome and Introduction
- Oliver Gajda, Executive Director ECN
- Christin Friedrich, Chairwoman ECN, Blockchain Working Group
- Nenad Paunović, Advisor for IT and Entrepreneurship, Office of the Prime Minister, Alternative finance industry and Blockchain opportunities and challenges from Government perspective
- Thomas Kulnigg, Partner at Schoenherr, Case Study: Digitalizing the shares of the joint stock company and enabled registered shares to be managed via blockchain technology
- Vladica Jovanovic, Executive Directress at Brodoto, Crowdfunding industry and relevance of enabling environment for growth of alternative finance market in Serbia
- Siniša Krneta, CEO Belgrade Stock Exchange, Why equity crowdfunding is important for capital markets and why tokenization of equity didn’t work out in Serbia
18.15 Panel – Crowdfunding in Serbia: Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Moderated by Vuk Stanković, Head of Rokas Belgrade Operations
- Katarina Gudurić, Partner at Karanović & Nikolić Law Office
- Stefan Jovičić, Senior Associate at Jankovic, Popović & Mitić Law Office
- Sava Pavlović, Senior Associate at Law at Živković Samardžić Law Office
- Ivan Pantović, Partner at Moravčević Vojnović and Partners – in cooperation with Schoenherr
19.30 Food and Drinks Break
20.00 Panel – Smart contracts for Alternative Finance: Opportunities and Challenges
- Moderated by Sanja Ugričić, Access to Finance Specialist | USAID Cooperation for Growth Project
- Dr. Veljko Petrović, Chief Research Officer, RealMarket
- Magne Fretheim, Chief Technology Officer, BlockBonds
- Igor Veličković, Chief Technology Officer, CONDA Crowdinvesting
- Robert Michels, Office Managing Partner, Dentons Europe LLP
- Aleksandar Zobec, Project Manager, InoSens, Block.IS (Blockchain Innovation Spaces) is a new EU-funded accelerator
21.30 Get together and open discussion
We are excited to hear your questions and thoughts!