On 19 of March, Kreab will host a roundtable discussion on the European Commission’s proposal on crowdfunding. Among the panellists, ECN Executive Director Oliver Gajda will share his perspectives on the new legislative proposal.
The proposal is aimed at tackling the problems identified within EU markets, which include fragmentation, a lack of scale, and a perceived lack of reliability at platform level. According to the EC, the proposal is designed to make it easier for crowdfunding platforms to offer their services EU-wide and improve access to this innovative form of finance for businesses in need of funding. The proposed Regulation will allow platforms to apply for an EU label based on a single set of rules. This is hoped to enable them to offer their services across the EU.
During the event, two crowdfunding platforms – equity and lending based – will have an opportunity to exchange their views and best practices with the authors of the proposal and interested stakeholders.
- Pierre Francotte, Chairman of the FSTF and Senior Adviser at Kreab
- Mr Diego Valiante, Policy Officer – CMU development and implementation, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Mr Oliver Gajda, Executive Director of European Crowdfunding Network
- Mr Pascal Ourvard, Finance Director of Lendix
- Ms Karen Kerrigan, Chief Legal Officer, Seedrs
When? 19 March 2018, 12:30pm – 2:00 pm
Where? Kreab’s premises, Rond-Point Schuman 2-4, 2nd floor, 1040, Brussels