Energy Efficiency Project Development for South Attica.
PRODESA aims to assist seven major municipalities in Athens Metropolitan Area to launch showcase energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, utilizing innovative financial tools and attracting private investments.
To achieve its objectives, the project focuses on optimal bundling of the fragmented municipal projects to achieve considerable size, reasonable payback time and risk diversification. In addition, during the project the pooling of resources will be used to optimize financial results for all parties and to ensure high participation of ESCOs in the tenders.
PRODESA is the first of its kind effort in Greece and among other things, aims to create a network of at least 30 municipalities that will be supported in order to replicate the results.
ECNs role is to work on developing innovative crowdfunding schemes for energy efficiency in the municipalities by coaching crowdfunding piloting activities (i.e. how to select the appropriate platform vs. setting up an own community, creation, duration, marketing, etc. of the campaign.) Further, ECN will support the project strongly in dissemination activities, by presenting the project to its events where innovative (financial) services and business models can be actively co-created, promoted and disseminated. Finally ECN will actively contribute to policy making with regards to crowdfunding and alternative financing to unleash the potential of innovative energy efficiency services.
– Prepare and launch showcase energy efficiency and renewable projects for public buildings and street lighting in five municipalities in the Athens Metropolitan area.
– Sign energy performance contracts with ESCOs.
– Demonstrate financing and organisational innovation for the municipalities in Greece and produce “Data Evidence” on performance of EPCs and investments.
– Adopt smart bundling of projects and new financing schemes with better distributed and balanced risks that are suitable to all parties involved. Innovative financing mechanisms, such as crowdfunding, are foreseen as a supplementary financing source.
– Develop a network of at least 30 municipalities willing to replicate PRODESA’s solutions and provide coaching for the development of energy efficiency project pipeline.
Duration: 01 May 2017 to 30 April 2020
Project funded by H2020 – European Commission
Alimos Municipality, Greece
Agios Dimitrios Municipality, Greece
Glyfada Municipality, Greece
Vari Voula Vouliagmeni Municipality, Greece
Agii Anargiri Kamatero Municipality, Greece
Palaio Faliro Municipality, Greece
Amaroussion Municipality, Greece
Central Union of Municipalities in Greece, Greece
EUDITI Energy and Environmental Design LTD, Greece
Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES), Greece
ENFINITY NV, Belgium
Kelemenis & Co, Greece