The European Platform for citizen investment in renewable energy
The project aims at creating a European crowdfunding platform for renewable energy that will respond to the variety of needs of both renewable energy source (RES) promoters and potential citizen investors.
ECN coordinates the framework analysis, comprising aspects such as legal requirements, citizen requirements, RES projects business models and RES promoters’ requirements. ECN will also lead activities to engage citizens in RES projects and to ensure the sustainability of the crowdfunding platform.
- Creation of a platform for citizen investment in RES projects
- Direct engagement of at least 6.000 citizens resulting in a 14,6 M euros investment in RES projects
- Promotion of a favourable EU framework for the creation of citizen RES projects through a network of stakeholders at European level
- Identification of main barriers to citizen engagement and investment in RES projects in 10 EU countries and provide recommendations to tackle these obstacles
- Communication tools, handbook and helpdesk to support citizen engagement in RES projects
Duration: 01 March 2014 to 28 Feb 2017
Project funded by Intelligent Energy Europe – European Commission
Ateknea – Coordinator
European Crowdfunding Network
Universidade de Santiago