Seeing citizens actively raising funds and successfully implementing social projects, many public authorities are increasingly willing to support these initiatives by topping up amounts collected through crowdfunding campaigns with an additional share of public resources. It’s clear that such scheme benefits citizens and their initiatives greatly, but what do public authorities gain in return?
The 5th panel of the ECN CrowdCamp will explore the topic of crowdfunding for local initiatives from the point of view of regional and local authorities that have successfully implemented a match-funding scheme. The discussion will aim at highlighting motivations, obstacles, outcomes and lessons learned from a range of different experiences across Europe.
ECN CrowdCamp: PANEL 5 (29 June 2018)
Meet the speakers:
- Moderator: Yoann Nesme, Co-founder of PPL, Portugal
- Matteo Lepore, Deputy Mayor of Bologna, Italy
- Maria Ángeles González, Head of Proximity Projects at Barcelona Activa, Spain
- Robert Pasicko, Co-founder of UNDP Croatia
- James Parkinson, Programme Manager at Greater London Authority, United Kingdom (TBC)
Haven’t registered yet? Hurry up before the tickets sell out! Find the full version of the agenda, registration and more information here.